Thursday, March 26, 2009

I found a story I wrote in the grade of 6. Clearly I've always had a gift for writing... nawt



"The Inflatable Squishy"

"I want that one," I selected at the student council selling stand, as I gestured toward a squishy smiley face pencil cap thing(whatever it was).
"500 dolla!" Sarah yelled as she flung out her hand. I arched an eyebrow, staring at her.
"Fine," she replied, "1 dolla."
We exchanged the money and pencil cap right as the bell rang. "Aye aye aye!" Sarah yelled as she pushed the card inside the PFT.

Sarah is weird.

I ran back to class, my new toy in hand. I was so excited for some reason, now that I had jumped on to the bandwagon; I had just bought the last one at the stand. As I walked in class, I stuck it right on my pencil. "Oh my gosh! It matches!" I cheered happily, admiring it.
My table (well, the people sitting at it) stared at me. I smiled, my hand still resting on the squishy face. I did what anyone would do--I squished it.

I could swear I saw it grow like an inch in circumpherance. I also never thought I'd use the word "circumpherance" outside of math class.

I squished it again. Holy taleta, it blinked at me! I threw it on the carpet in terror.
"It's gonna kill us all! RUN!" somebody screamed as it grew.
"Call the terminator!" Someone shouted. I think I actually saw somebody dialing on their cellphone.

The yellow sphere of doom began to roll out of class, crushing everyone. Screaming filled my ears, and the ground shook.
"Not my fault!" I screamed, closing my eyes. The survivors scattered everywhere as the smiley grew up to at least 100 feet.
I stared at its Chinese-ish eyes, gasping. Then i realized... my pencil! Hallelujiah! Praise the ponies!

"Die! DIEEEE!" I screamed, lunging at it, my pencil's point pointing at the yellow menace.

*Pop!*

No more smiley! Nobody said anything. They were all in shock. The mystery would never be solved, but at least those smileys were confiscated from everyone who had one.


god... sixth grade me WOULD say "holy taleta" and "praise the ponies".
byebye!




No comments: